I have just preparing a quote for an on-line training client. The quote is a MindManager map which is exported to Word. The process reminded me of few tips I could give you about using Topic Notes.
- Use the Next and Previous notes buttons to check out the next paragraph or chapter of document.
- Table tool is good for getting control over column width and placing images with text wrapping around it. These tables export to Word and the Web.
- When you add an image notice notice the Insert option at the bottom left of the file explorer view. Click it and you get the choice to Insert and Link. This means whenever you open, refresh or export a map the latest version of the image will be used. You can save snapshots of a spreadsheet or project plan when you update it. Then the image will be updated in the map.
- The Format Painter was added a couple of versions ago.
- These are tools for Tablet PC users. You can sketch in the ink section of the Topic Note and convert it to an image in the “text” note. Or write in ink and convert to text.
Do you have any tips for using Topic Notes?