It’s another new feature of the latest version of MindManager now called Mindjet 11. Mindjet say in their release notes “Modify existing menus or create your own customisable ribbon menu. Users can keep most-used commands visible for easy access and improved productivity. Right click on the ribbon menu to see the customise ribbon option in the context menu.”
Here is what I discovered:
Right clicking a ribbon brings up this window -
My first attempt was to remove the Sharepoint Items from the Map Data group on the Insert ribbon. This was not possible. Michael Deutch answered my request for help in the Mindjet Community post “Why are the options to Add and Remove greyed out in the Customize Ribbon pane?“. This is what you can do:
- Remove groups from an existing Ribbon e.g. Map Data from the Insert Ribbon
- You can add groups to an existing Ribbon e.g. Tablet > Ink (which includes Insert Sketch) to the Insert Ribbon
- You can create a new Ribbon e.g. Presentation and populate this with the predefined groups e.g. Zoom and/or add a New Group to which you can add individual commands.
- Finally you can reset the Ribbons to their default settings.
- Remove or add commands to an existing group.
How could I use this functionality:
- Adding Tablet commands to existing Ribbons
- Creating new Ribbons with all the tools I use for exporting to Word and the Web
- Create a new Ribbon for Presentations or Project Management
Will this new feature be of any use to you?
Don’t forget you can customise the Quick Acces Toolbar as well.