- Have you ever lost your way navigating someone’s web site or even your own?
- Do you need a better way of bookmarking the pages you use visit frequently?
- Do you want to make notes about a page?
- Do you need a mnemonic to help you remember a password?
- Do you need to store a signature, some code or other piece of text you want to use on that web site?
MindManager can help you do this.
The key tool is using drag and drop to copy URLs and title text from a web page to the map. Try it:
- Drag the favicon next to the URL in the address bar on to your map. You will get a new topic with the meta tag title of the web page and a hyperlink.
- Drag a menu item from a web page to your map and you get a similar result.
- Drag any linked item on a web page to the map.
- You can use this to add floating topics or insert a subtopic.
- If drag onto a topic, just the link is added to the topic.
That’s how this map was created.
Now for something even more useful, the links on the map below of Cabre’s WordPress admin pages won’t work for you (except for the one bottom right to WooCommerce – Docs). But you can download this map WordPress Links for Cabre.mmap, use Replace in MindManager to replace all the “http://www.cabre.co.uk/” with “http://www.yourwordpresssite.com/” and this map will work with your WordPress site to. Make sure your have the hyperlinks box ticked in the Options section of the Replace pop up. 😉
This is a clickable image map export of the MindManager map. Use the scroll bars to view the map in detail. Hover your mouse over the topics to see the links. My third tip on this blog is use the iFrame plugin for WordPress to display clickable image maps.
- Upload the clickable map web export folder for your map to a web server.
- Point the iFrame short code to the index.html file in the folder.
- Edit the img src in the index.html file to point at the image file in the folder.
- Edit any links to LinkedDocuments in the index.html file to point at the sub-folder you uploaded.
Add <i>scrolling=”yes”</i> to the short code parameters to get the scroll bars.