Clicking the mouse on the MindManager map canvas has four functions:
- Left click and release – Creates a paste point on the canvas. Paste to add the contents of your clipboard as a floating topic or image depending on content.
- Right click and release – A menu of appropriate options pops up.
- Left click, hold down and move – Gives a rubber band for making multiple item selection. Hold down the Ctrl key and you can make further selections.
- Left click, hold down, pause and move – Allows you to move the map within the window.
- Right click, hold down and move – Also allows you to move the map within the window but I often get the pop up menu.
Timing on the last two options can take a little practice. Here is a 1 minute video demonstrating just those two.