Do you want to share any of the following between team members or versions of MindManager?
- A set of brand images you want everyone to use.
- Map Markers for use at specific types of meetings.
- A watermark that includes a copyright date.
- Images of your products or people.
- A set of questions you ask every new client.
- A web export template which is constantly refined.
The Package Folders tool enables you to do this. Either for yourself, if you are running a couple of versions of MindManager (not sure if this function extends to Mac and Connect) or across a team by placing resources in network, Dropbox, Skydrive etc. folders. To use the tool open this pane: File > Options > Package Folders
- Name – descibe the folder e.g. “Brand Logos”
- Path – select the location of your package folder. It might be a folder in a mapped network drive or a Dropbox sub-folder. If you have sub-folders they will appear in the Task Panes and Template Organiser without adding them individually.
- Resource Type – You can have everything in one folder but the Task Panes and Template Organiser will only show the relevant files.
Once added the new folders will appear in your Task Panes and Template Organiser. Last week I added a Dropbox folder. Later that week I took some pictures of the Royal Yacht with a mobile phone and saved them in Dropbox. They were available short afterwards to add to a map. For example this is useful for data gathering during site surveys with a mobile device. Then writing a report back at the office using a standard report map template which exports to Word.
- When a resource e.g. an image is added to a folder, if the folder is open in MindManager, you will need to refresh the folder to see it. Right click the folder and Refresh.
- Web Export templates only work with one version of MindManager. (see Resolving problems with customised web exports in MindManager 9)