MindManager has a range of settings which are accessed via the File tab > Options. Here are the ones I change, most are applicable to previous versions of MindManager. Click OK whenever you change a page of settings.
- I tick Reopen last open maps on start up but if like a cleanstart use the Open document on startup: to point at your dashboard map.
- I raise the Recently used files list: to its maximum 15
- I untick Enable online help. Normally the built in help is enough
- I untick Auto-balance new main topics. It disconcerts me when main topics start moving.
- I tick Prompt for Map Properties on first save Just I ever want to add some meta tags to the map and it shows you whether you are identified as the author etc. of the map.
- I Always create a backup copy .BAK before saving maps. Self preservation in a hostile environment.
- I Save Autorecover info every 5 minutes. As above.
- I set Compression on saving to Super Fast. Disc space is less of problem these days and you don’t want to be held up by the auto recover save every 5 minutes.
- Fill it in. It is automatically transferred to map properties. Note it will not overwrite information that is in a template map e.g. Mindjet’s
- I have never found out where the web site and logo information are used. They could be incorporated in a web export.
- If your text is being incorrectly corrected the Autocorrect Options are in here. 🙂
- If you don’t want your Topic alerts synchronised with Outlook untick.
- Turn off the ones you don’t use, including those that come with MindManager. eg MPX and MS Project Export
Hope you find that helpful. Do you have any recommendations or questions?