It feels like Mindjet always launch their new products on a day when I am already committed to something else. Today I thoroughly enjoyed hosting a meeting in the Hampshire countryside for 18 “associates”. It was a virtually “unplugged venue”, in fact someone had to leave because they were so desperate to download a large file from a client and review it! Today my committment to Mindjet versus my committment to the event was won by the event. Although I did try very earlyy this morning to see if I could find a download.
I have just downloaded MindManager 2012 Professional (11pm). I have MindManager 9 installed and I need it to continue to work as a desktop client for my Mindjet Catalyst workplaces. Let’s see what happens.
- Microsoft C++ gets an update as well.
- I better turn off all the Microsoft Applications and MindManager 9 first.
- It thinks my organisation is HP. My problem: I have just transferred to a “new” Tablet PC, an HP 2740p (touch and stylus). I need to change the organisation in my PC set up somewhere.
- The install is running.
- It’s installed. I wish it’s icon was different to MindManager 9 in the Task Bar as need both.
- Restarting Outlook because the installation said features would not be working until Outlook is restarted.
- Starting MindManager 2012 Professional.
- Ah the “Getting Started” pane has appeared. A new feature for new users. (To be investigated later)
- The My Maps shortcuts and folder have been imported from MindManager 9
- My Quick Access Toolbar settings have not.
- An existing map with a linked Excel range is working.
Enough for tonight, I will add more to my experience of installing MindManager 2012 Professional tomorrow as comment to this blog. Please add comments about your experience of Installing MindManager 2012 Professional.