I was impressed by:
- Screen quality particularly when playing a video to a group of ten people. Sound was good enough as well.
- Stroking the applications – they purred!
- Lack of multi-tasking was balanced by the immediacy of moving between sleeping applications.
- He signed on to his office PC via GoToMyPC via 3G.
- iThoughts was easy to manipulate and the virtual keyboard was easy to type on.
- He had a special stylus which mimiced your finger but the ink to text in the application we tested was not as good as Windows 7 or MindManager.
- The form factor was too light, slim, cool & smooth. You would not loose weight or build muscle tone with iPad!
iThoughts v Ink Mode on a Tablet PC with MindManager
Well as I said the moving around and creating topics with iThoughts was as good as and almost as fluid as using MindManager in Ink Mode. The virtual keyboard was good but I don’t think this is as easy one handed as writing with a pen. So for me ink mode in MindManager still wins for quiet use at meetings. In a crowd mapping at a conference the iPad is as good.
So Mindjet please step up to the iPad and create an ink version of iThoughts. The ink to text conversion could even be done on the Mac or PC.
Meanwhile I will have to wrestle with £700 on an iPad versus trading my HP 2730p up to a HP 2740p Tablet PC with touch screen, SSD and 8GB ram!