My process was as follows:
- Prepare web export template – minor edits to a clickable imagemap export I have used many times
- Create a folder on my conferenceREACTION web space.
- Tweet that am I doing it.
- Start mapping and try to ignore other interruptions e.g. a tweet from Maurice asking if I was there?
- During the speech I posted the map 3 or 4 times. Also added a bit of fill colour to topics and changed the background colour. Note to self – setup a webfolder next time.
- When speech finished, posted map and tweeted again.
- Added images and changed to split tree growth direction to get more content across the screen. The speech flip flops down the tree.
Linked to the map in a couple of blogs on Ecademy:
And received some feedback:
- “I didn’t watch Gordon Brown’s speech – but based on the excellent mind map that Andrew Wilcox has produced, I must say it lacks one big thing – VISION.”
- “Mind map is cool. Did it take long to do? Obviously not too long.”
- “It’s interesting to compare the relative small size of the ‘New Economic Model’ to the larger scale of the other (spending commitment) sections.”
- “Thanks for the concise overview.”
How do you react to Gordon Brown’s Labour Party Conference Speech in a mind map?