Many of you will be using MindManager to brainstorm, mind storm or word storm. I wonder how quick you are at it?
Take this test and then publish your results by commenting on this blog.
Normal brainstorming rules apply:
- Don’t argue with yourself as you enter the words
- Try to use single words. Perhaps word pairs but not sentences! It will slow you down.
Here is how I would like you to proceed:
- Make sure you can see a clock with a second hand.
- Clear your mind.
- Pick your topic and think about it for 30 seconds. For this speed test I suggest it is something you have been thinking about recently or are currently working on and not a brand new topic.
- Start the clock. You have three minutes.
- Open a new MindManager map and enter the Central Topic
- Start entering your words as Main Topics. Don’t organise them or add Sub-Topics. Main Topics only.
- Stop when three minutes have elapsed. Count the Words and Topics entered. Hint: MindManager Button > Prepare > Properties > Statistics
- Publish your result as a comment in this blog.
I will publish my result and my tips for this process in a couple of days.
If you want a more elaborate test. Record how many topics and words after 60s, 120s & 180s. Just put a marker in the map and count them at the end of the test. I wonder if there is a trend that one third is more productive than another.
If you are not a MindManager users but you do the test, please publish your results and the application you used.